What to do in the event of a claim
- Notify us immediately after discovery of an incident which may give rise to a claim under the policy.
- Notify the police if there is evidence of criminal or malicious act involved.
- Take reasonable measure to mitigate the loss.
Please submit the completed Liability Claim Form together with the following documents (where applicable) for claims consideration:
- Incident report
- Police report
- Colour photos of damaged property and location
- CCTV footage showing circumstances of incident
- Assessment report from repairer on the cause and extent of the property damage
- At least 2 repair/replacement quotations
- Purchase invoice/receipt of damaged property
- Tenancy and/or contract agreement with independent contractors (where applicable)
- Third party claimant’s letter of intention to claim, writ of summons, etc.
Do not admit liability without the written consent of HSBC Life. Please refrain from discussing liability with any third party and submit to us immediately upon receipt of all correspondence from any third party indicating their intention to claim and/or the writ of summons for our handling. A legal representative has to be appointed to enter appearance within 8 days upon receipt of the writ of summons.