File a claim

File a claim
File a claim
Business – Commercial
Work injury compensation claims

Step 1

Employers can submit the accident report using the iReport system on the MOM website at

Employers are required to report work-related accidents to MOM within the time stipulated below:

What to report Reporting Timeline
Where the accident results in death of an employee. Within 10 days of the accident.
Where the accident results in any incapacity that renders the employee unfit for work regardless of type of medical leave or light duties. Within 10 days of employer’s first notice of accident.
Where Employee contracts an occupational disease. Within 10 days of receiving the diagnosis.


It is an offence for any person who does not report a work-related accident and there will be a fine of $200 for the first time, or up to $2,500 for subsequent offences. If the composition fine is not paid, the person may be prosecuted and fined up to $10,000 or jailed up to 6 months.

Any person withholding necessary information or documents for claims processing will be liable for a maximum fine of $5,000 and/or 6 months’ imprisonment.

Documents required

  • Copy of the iReport submitted to ministry of manpower
  • Original completed HSBC Life work injury compensation claim form (do not need to complete this claim form, if you have a copy of the iReport submitted to MOM)
  • Original medical bills and medical certificates
  • Copy of work permit / employment pass (for foreign employees)
  • Copies of detailed salary payment vouchers of the injured person for 12 months prior to the accident and during medical leave period
  • Copy of medical report/inpatient discharge summary if available
  • No. of working days per week (5 / 5.5 / 6 days)
  • Copy of death certificate, if accident resulted in death of employee

If injured person is a sub-contractor’s employee / engaged in a project work, please let us have the following:

  • Contract agreement between insured and sub-contractor and/or main contractor
  • Color photos on the project title sign board located at the entrance of the project site
  • Copy of sub-contractor’s and/or main contractor’s work injury compensation insurance policy

Step 2

Additional information