Please follow the STEPS below for Personal Accident/Smart PA/BandAid claims.
Complete claim form
- Submit the claim within 90 days from the event date.
- Complete claim form
- Submit claim form with supporting documents (refer to step 2)
Submit supporting documents
Please note that the list of documents below is not exhaustive and that other documents may be requested if necessary.
- Certified true copy of death certificate (certified by our customer service officer or your financial consultant. This is applicable for death in Singapore only)
- For overseas death, we require the following :
- Copy of ICA letter issued by singapore immigration & checkpoint authority for singaporean or Singapore PR who died overseas. It confirmed the receipt of the death certificate and NRIC/passport of the deceased;
- Certified true copy of death certificate (certified by our customer service officer or by the notary public of the country where death occurred)
- Last will of the deceased (if any)
- Copy of NRIC of the claimant
- Copy of proof of relationship between ceceased and claimant. Please refer below.
- Police investigation report (if any)
- Newspapers report (if any)
- Post mortem or toxicology report (if any)
- Coroner’s certificate with investigation report and coroner’s findings (if any)
|Claimant||Proof of relationship document|
|Parent||Birth certificate of deceased|
|Child||Birth certificate of Child|
|Sibling||Birth certificate of sibling and deceased|
- Attending physician statement (hospitalisation/accident/total & permanent disability claim)
- X-ray/CT scan/MRI report (mandatory for fractures/broken bones claim)
- Original hospital bills and/or GP/TCM/physiotherapist/chiropractor clinic bills (please assist to get the medical practitioner to state the diagnosis on the said bill and sign with hospital/clinic stamp)
- Copy of X-ray report or laboratory report (if any)
- Copy of inpatient discharge summary report (if available), otherwise attending physician’s statement is necessary
- Copy of medical certificate (MC) if claiming for weekly indemnity for temporary total or partial disablement benefit. (please assist to get the medical practitioner to state the diagnosis on the said bill and sign with hospital/clinic stamp)
- Copy of hospital bills
- Copy of X-ray report or Laboratory report (if any)
Submit the completed claim form and supporting documents
You can submit your claim form and supporting documents through any 1 of these channels:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By hand to policyholder's servicing financial consultant
After claim submission
Claims processing will take on average 14 to 21 working days from receipt of all required documents.
Sometimes, we may require more time to assess claims which we are seeking clarification on or internal discussion. For such cases, we will keep you informed of the claims progress.
HSBC Life contact information
+65 6880 4888
Operating hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays)